Preparing Students for CompTIA A+ Certification
CompTIA A+ certification is an industry standard for establishing an IT career
Our IT-Ready Technical Support (online) program prepares students for the CompTIA A+ certification exam, a leading certification for help desk and desktop support computer technicians. CompTIA A+ is key to launching a career in IT, as it demonstrates foundational tech skills across a variety of devices and operating systems. CompTIA A+ certified IT professionals solve problems and support core technologies including security, cloud, data management and more.
CompTIA A+ is:
- The only credential with performance-based items to prove pros can think on their feet to perform critical IT support tasks in the moment.
- Trusted by employers around the world to help them identify highly competent and workplace-ready job candidates for technical support roles.
- Regularly re-invented by IT experts to ensure that the certification validates core skills and abilities demanded by the market.
Some of the many jobs that use CompTIA A+ include service desk analyst, help desk technician, technical support specialist, field service technician and data support technician.
Learn more about IT career options Learn more about CompTIA A+ certification
The CompTIA A+ Core Series
The A+ Core series prepares candidates to sit for two required exams for A+ certification: Core 1 (220-1001) and Core 2 (220-1002). Content covered in these exams includes:
- Demonstrate baseline security skills for IT support professionals
- Configure device operating systems, including Windows, Mac, Linux, Chrome OS, Android and iOS and administer client-based as well as cloud-based (SaaS) software
- Troubleshoot and problem-solve core service and support challenges while applying best practices for documentation, change management, and scripting
- Support basic IT infrastructure and networking
- Configure and support PC, mobile and IoT device hardware
- Implement basic data backup and recovery methods and apply data storage and management best practices
Learn more about IT-Ready Technical Support Training
Hear from our CompTIA A+ Certified Alumni
What Skills Will You Learn from A+
CompTIA A+ certified graduates will master and certify several skills.
- Hardware: Identify, use and connect hardware components and devices
- Networking: Explain types of networks and connections including TCP/IP, WIFI and SOHO
- Mobile devices: Install and configure laptops and other mobile devices
- Operating systems: Install and support Windows OS including command line & client support. Understand Mac OS, Linux and mobile OS
- Hardware & network troubleshooting: Troubleshoot device and network issues
- Virtualization & cloud computing: Compare and contrast cloud computing concepts and set up client-side virtualization
- Software troubleshooting: Troubleshoot PC and mobile device issues including application security support
- Security: Identify and protect against security vulnerabilities for devices and their network connections
- Operational Procedures: Follow best practices for safety, environmental impacts, and communication and professionalism
Learn more about CompTIA A+ certification
Have more questions about career options for CompTIA A+ certified IT pros? Attend an info session or contact us to talk to a career advisor one-on-one.