Learning that Works
Our training approach is fine-tuned to help you master what you need to know to pass certification exams and to succeed once you’re on the job.
Three Stages of the CompTIA Tech Experience
Think of your CompTIA Tech experience as more than a class. We’re going to support you from day one through landing your new job.
For 8-16 weeks, depending on which campus you're at, you’ll train online or in the classroom for 240 total clock hours of instruction.
After you complete your training, you’ll have 14 days to pass your certification exams.
Here’s what you can expect during your training weeks at CompTIA Tech:
Lots of Support:
- Before your course begins, you’ll be introduced to your academic advisor, who will be available throughout your training whenever you need a little extra support.
- Your instructor wants you to succeed, so you won’t just hear lectures. They welcome questions and interaction during class time.
- We’ll fully prepare you with the technical content and test-taking strategies you need to know in order to pass your CompTIA A+ certification exams. We’ll provide you with opportunities to practice so you can approach your exam day with confidence.
- Our career services staff will connect with you, laying the foundation for your job search later.
A Daily Routine:
- You’ll arrive at each class on time and log into our learning management system for classroom activities, quizzes and assignments.
- For full-day classes, your day will include short breaks plus classes that run from 9am-4pm will have a one-hour break for lunch.
And a Little Variety:
- Your day will include live lecture time from your instructor and group activities with your fellow students—our graduates often say this was one of the best parts of their CompTIA experience!
- Topics will vary across the day and week—you may be knee-deep in technical learning one hour and then working on resume writing the next.
- You’ll get some recommended online activities outside of class to help reinforce your learning.
What Our Alumni Say About Their Training
When your training is complete, you’ll be ready to get certified! CompTIA A+ certification will show employers that you have the knowledge and the skills to succeed in a technical support role. Here’s what you need to know about the certification stage:
- CompTIA A+ certification is made up of two exams, CompTIA A+ 220-1001 (Core 1) and 220-1002 (Core 2). Candidates must pass both 1001 and 1002 to earn certification.
- You must take and pass both A+ exams within 14 days of completing your training. But don’t worry! If you don’t pass on the first try, a free retake is available, included in your tuition payment. Students who do not pass do not graduate or receive career services.
- Each of the two exams takes 90 minutes.
- Your exam vouchers are already included in your tuition, so you will not need to purchase them.
- You will be responsible for signing up to take the exams at a testing center convenient for you. We can help you locate one.
What Our Alumni Say About Certification Exams
Landing Your New Job
As soon as you pass your CompTIA A+ certification, you’re ready to find a tech support job, and we’ll help you do it. Here’s what you need to know about this stage.
- You will already have created your resume during your training stage—all you have to do now is add that you’re CompTIA A+ certified!
- Our career services staff will help you identify employers with open tech support positions and secure interviews, and then prepare you for them.
- We’ll debrief with you after the interviews to talk about how things went and provide some feedback and coaching as needed.
- We’ll keep up the support until you land your first job in the field or tell us you no longer need our help.
- You’ll join our supportive alumni community where you can maintain connections with your classmates, make new connections to graduates from other campuses and take advantage of resources and offers for continuing education.