Earn the industry-recognized CompTIA A+ certification in 2 to 4 months.
Learn the best mix of technical & professional skills to land work in the tech field fast.
Connect with potential employers through our national network & job fairs.
Student News & Advice
Frequently Asked Questions
With limited classroom space – and overwhelming demand – CompTIA Tech must be deliberate in its selection process, choosing motivated and interested candidates who are committed to success. Applicants need to be at least 18 years old; a high school graduate (or GED holder); a U.S. citizen (or authorized to work in the U.S.); able to demonstrate learning and problem-solving skills via an aptitude test; able to use a computer to navigate in the Windows environment; able to speak, read, write and understand the English language; and highly driven and committed to training.
Within our local campus classes, the program is eight weeks, and class is held five days a week, Monday through Friday, beginning promptly at 9 a.m. and ending at 4 p.m. In our Online Campus classes, the program is sixteen weeks, and class is held five days a week, Monday through Friday, from either 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. CT or 5:30 pm to 9:30 pm CT. Students in all programs are required to be on time every day; the program allows only one absence and three tardies.
For our classes in physical classrooms, a pencil and paper to take notes are all you need for class. Textbooks and in-class computers are provided for students. Note, it is helpful to have access to a computer and the Internet during your own time to access recommended educational activities online to help reinforce what you learn in the classroom.
For our online students, you'll need standard computer equipment (not a tablet or phone) with the minimum software recommendations for class and online certification testing:
- 64-bit Windows operating system (Windows 10 professional or above)
- Intel i5 processor (or equivalent)
- CPU with VT, VT-x or similar virtualization support
- 8 GB RAM
- 250 GB HDD or SDD
- Microsoft Office 2016 or Office 365
- Reliable Internet access (for instance, your Internet should allow you to easily watch a YouTube video)
For online testing, you'll also need:
- Display resolution: 1024 x 768 in 16-bit color
- Current web browser (Microsoft Edge, Safari, Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer 11)
- Webcam: minimum resolution of 640 x 480 @ 10 fps (internal or external)
- Must have functional audio/speakers and microphone
- High-speed internet access recommended (for optimal performance, a reliable and stable connection of 3 Mbps down and 2 Mbps up is required); wired versus wireless is recommended; tethering to a mobile hotspot is explicitly prohibited for exams
Tuition & Financial Aid
For much less than the cost of a college degree, CompTIA Tech can provide the training you need to land and succeed in a great IT job. What you pay will vary depending on whether you receive financial assistance, but in keeping with our mission, we strive to keep our costs down.
As a not-for-profit, our focus is not on making money—it’s on your success. And our tuition rates reflect that commitment. We believe tech careers should be accessible to anyone with a dream and passion to pursue them. Tuition for our IT-Ready Technical Support program is $8500, but qualifying students can receive partial or full tuition grants. Our grants are not loans; they do not need to be repaid by the student.
Upcoming Classes Accepting Applications
|Campus||Program||Term||Class Dates||Applications Open|
|Online Morning||IT-Ready Technical Support||4||January 11 - April 30, 2021||September 4 - December 6, 2020|
|Online Evening||IT-Ready Technical Support||4||February 22 - June 11, 2021||October 23, 2020 - January 24, 2021|
|Online Morning||IT-Ready Technical Support||5||April 5 - July 23, 2021||December 4, 2020 - March 7, 2021|
|Online Evening||IT-Ready Technical Support||6||May 17 - September 3, 2021||January 15 - April 19, 2021|
|Online Morning||IT-Ready Technical Support||6||June 28 - October 15, 2021||February 26 - May 30, 2021|
|Portland||IT-Ready Technical Support||1||July 12 - September 3, 2021||March 12 - June 14, 2021|
|Twin Cities||IT-Ready Technical Support||1||July 19 - September 10, 2021||March 19 - June 20, 2021|
|Phoenix||IT-Ready Technical Support||1||August 9 - October 1, 2021||April 9 - July 11, 2021|
|Online Evening||IT-Ready Technical Support||1||August 16 - December 3, 2021||April 16 - July 18, 2021|
|Chicago||IT-Ready Technical Support||1||August 23 - October 15, 2021||April 23 - July 25, 2021|
|Portland||IT-Ready Technical Support||2||September 20 - November 12, 2021||May 21 - August 22, 2021|
|Twin Cities||IT-Ready Technical Support||2||September 13 - November 5, 2021||May 14 - August 15, 2021|
|Phoenix||IT-Ready Technical Support||2||October 11 - December 3, 2021||June 11 - September 12, 2021|
Due to COVID-19 health concerns, all 2020 classes are offered online with live instructors, but in 2021, we plan to have our full-day classes in our city campus back in the classroom.
Need more info before you're ready to apply? Attend one of our information sessions. Get an overview of our training program, hear about the types of jobs you can land after graduation, and walk through how to apply for admission and possible grants available for your tuition.
Tuition is $8500 for each class. Online students must provide their own computer equipment and the required software, (estimated at $569.99 when purchased on their own, making the class cost $9069.99). For more details as to what computer equipment is required for online students, check out our Frequently Asked Questions.
Land Your First Tech Job
Our IT-Ready Technical Support graduates move into help desk tech roles, building and maintaining a business’ IT environment and assisting its internal and external customers. It's a springboard job to a career that can take you anywhere in tech.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor and Statistics posted that the median annual wage for a computer support specialist was $54,760 in 2019. And more of those specialists are needed every day, with those jobs forecast to grow by 10% by 2028.
In 8-16 weeks with our program, CompTIA Tech can get your ready for your first tech job.
Training Focused on Your Success
We teach motivated individuals like you the technical and professional development skills needed to successfully secure work in tech. You’ll learn how to prepare for the CompTIA A+ certification exam, a leading certification for help desk and desktop support computer technicians, according to research firms like Burning Glass. We’ll also help you prepare for job interviews and give you opportunities to connect with our employer partners.
What does each student in IT-Ready Technical Support gain?
- 240 hours of training
- Books and learning materials
- CompTIA A+ certification exam vouchers
- Career services
- Alumni networking
What Will You Learn
IT-Ready Technical Support students learn skills such as building a computer from parts, installing software, troubleshooting problems and setting up and managing networks. You’ll also learn softer professional skills such as communication, customer service and job interviewing.
- Security: Supporting and securing access to data by properly using authentication, access control and encryption for an organization.
- Networking: Applying core concepts and protocols and subnet mask to set up and support wired and wireless networks.
- Operating Systems: Working with mobile, server and traditional operating systems ranging from Android and iOS to Windows and Linux.
- IT Operations: Using the basics of virtualization, cloud computing, desktop imaging and deployment to support today’s IT infrastructures.
- Troubleshooting: Following and using decision trees for diagnosing, resolving and documenting common hardware and software issues across a variety of devices.
- Technical Support: Applying principles of customer service to help resolve IT issues.